At Canadian Beef, we love food bloggers. You, who take our delicious roasts and create Wino’s Burgundy Pot Roast, or turn our flavorful chuck into Comfort Beef Stew. Talented food bloggers help Canadian Beef shine, and today we’d like to return the favour.
Canadian Beef has partnered with Eat, Write, Retreat, the fabulous food blogging conference in Washington DC to create five (yes, FIVE!) scholarships for Canadian bloggers to attend. Eat, Write, Retreat is an intensive, hands-on weekend designed to help food bloggers take their work to the next level. Workshops in the culinary arts, creative writing, food styling and photography are interspersed with dynamic dining events, demonstrations and valuable networking sessions. The event is all-inclusive which means a scholarship provides access to all programs and events, as well as luxury hotel accommodations and all the scrumptious food and drink you can fit into a weekend. Just a little “Thank You” from all of us at Canadian Beef.
Read on for complete details on how to enter. The first scholarship will be awarded on Tuesday, March 8, and then the following four Tuesdays. The sooner you enter, the better your chances of winning. So get a mooooove on and good luck!
Rules and Restrictions
- Bloggers must be Canadian residents.
- Bloggers will receive one entry for writing a post published on their own blogs focused on one of the following topics:
- Favourite memory involving Canadian Beef, good, funny or disastrous (family traditions, a romantic date or your biggest Canadian Beef culinary disaster).
- Favourite Canadian Beef dish (does not require a recipe, but feel free to include).
- Something you learned at the Canadian Beef website.
- Posts must include mention and link to both Canadian Beef (www.beefinfo.org) and Eat, Write, Retreat (www.eatwriteretreat.com).
- Blogger must leave a comment on this post with the URL for their entry post.
- For a second entry to the contest, bloggers who have created a post may also tweet about the contest: I’m hoping @CanadianBeef sends me to @EatWriteRetreat. Get all the details here: http://wp.me/p18kMS-3q Leave a comment here to let us know you tweeted!
- Winners are chosen randomly from all qualified entries.
- All travel/transportation and incidental expenses are the responsibility of the winner. (Prize is one all-inclusive registration to Eat, Write, Retreat.)
- Upon returning from Eat, Write, Retreat, each winner will be asked to write a post about the event, to be published on their own blogs as well as here on the Canadian Beef blog (as a guest post).
Remember, the first scholarship winner will be chosen next Tuesday, March 8, 2011!